Enter to Win and You May Help Someone Else Win, Too!
Note: Contest is over. Winner has been selected and notified. Commenting has been turned off for this post. More info to follow. Please continue to vote for Matt as his contest ends August 18.
I’m throwing a contest in order to help my friend, Matt Simberg, win a contest that he’s entered. Contest runs from Saturday, August 1, 2009 through midnight Saturday, August 8, 2009. And what could be better than two winners for the price of one? Before I go into the details of this contest and how we can help Matt with his contest, let’s take a look at what you could win: A Nanny McPhee DVD, an Electronic Catch Phrase game, and a chance for a bonus prize – $25 Target Gift Card!
Nanny McPhee DVD – Nanny McPhee stars Colin Firth and Emma Thompson. For the youngsters out there who may not know who Emma is, she recently portrayed Hogwart’s school teacher Mrs. Trelawny in a couple of the Harry Potter movies. In fact, she declined to play that role in the last two movies of the series because she is making a Nanny McPhee sequel.
Nanny McPhee is being touted as “The New Mary Poppins.” I think it is more like Mary Poppins as told by the Brothers Grimm. The story revolves around a household of 7 very naughty children who have managed to chase away 17 nannies. The widowed father (played by Colin Firth, also of Harry Potter fame) is incapable of controlling his children. And then along comes hideous Nanny McPhee. What ensues is an oddly intriguing, strangely sweet adventure that teaches the children about love, caring, and the consequences of one’s actions. Eventually the children learn that by making small changes in themselves, they can cause good changes in others. It’s a movie children and adults can both enjoy…
Electronic Catch Phrase Music Edition – I purchased this game at Walmart because it was on sale and looked like a lot of fun. This is a group game designed for adults but after reading the box and instructions, it would be just as fun for teenagers or families with kids 12 and up. It requires four or more players. It’s called “the grab it, guess it, pass it game.” Players have to guess the song titles and can choose from 9 music categories. It looks like loads of fun but, unfortunately, I just don’t have groups of people come over anymore so it’s never been played. Requires 3 AAA batteries which may or may not be included depending on whether or not I get my lazy butt to the store so I can buy some. (Although I’ve had this for several months, it’s never been used and only opened to read the instructions.)
I met Matt while we were both performing in the Collingswood Shakespeare Theatre Company’s production of Measure for Measure. Matt’s a grade school teacher who enjoys acting in local theater. He’s good looking AND an all-around nice guy. Matt has entered into the “Male Face of KJP ’09” modeling contest. Not too long ago I wrote a post about his efforts encouraging my readers to go and vote for him. At that time his ranking was 71. As of the writing of this post, he is ranked 10 with 2,859 votes. That’s quite an improvement, but I’d like to help him go even further!
How To Enter This Contest
- Go to Matt’s KJP contest page and see how many votes he has. Click HERE which will open his contest page in another window.
- Come back to this post and leave a comment telling me how many votes Matt had when you visited his page. Remember, I want his Number of Votes NOT his Rank. Entries must show Matt’s current number of votes or they will be disqualified.
- You are not required to vote for Matt in order to be entered for this contest; however, if you like his picture you are more than welcome to vote for him while you are visiting his contest page.
- One Entry per Day. This means you can come back each day during the contest and leave one comment showing Matt’s new vote total. (and hopefully you will have voted for him again.) That’s a potential total of 8 entries.
- Contest open to US residents only.
- Winner will be chosen by random through RANDOM.ORG.
- ADDED BONUS – If by the end of this contest, Matt’s rank has moved to a 5 or better (1, 2, 3, 4, or 5), I will throw in a $25 Target Gift Card!
- Please include your email address in your comment if you do not have a link to your email and/or blog.
- Contest runs from Saturday, August 1, 2009 through midnight Saturday, August 8, 2009.
- Winner will be notified via email on Sunday, August 9th and has 3 days to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
Well there you have my contest within a contest! Good luck to all of you and good luck to Matt in his quest to become a model! Let’s all have some fun and hopefully we will end up with two winners: You and Matt! And please don’t forget to rate this post.