or How to Grill Your Food Instead of Incinerating It
Summertime surely is the time for grilling. Stroll down the street of any hometown neighborhood during dinner time and the charcoal smells of steaks and burgers sizzling away on some not-so-distant grill will be wafting through the air. Mmmmmmm.
Grilling embodies everything that is so good about summer: Long days, holiday celebrations, picnics, and eating outside on the patio. What could be more satisfying that chowing down on your favorite grilled food, homemade potato salad, and corn on the cob while lounging outdoors in the warmth of the late evening?
Of course, the food on the grill is only as good as the guy who’s cooking it AND the cleanliness of the grill. While I am a firm believer that a little bit of left over charcoal goodness left on your grill’s grates adds a bit of extra flavor to your food, an over abundance of it is just, well, nasty. So without further ado, here’s my somewhat-humorous, sorta realistic…
Top 10 Reasons to Clean Your Grill
- Your burgers taste like Salmon and the last time you grilled any fish was 2007.
- You suddenly realize that your solid flat grill top is actually a wire grate thickly coated in crud.
- You can put “grill marks” on your food without even turning on the grill.
- You light your grill and it’s so bright that satellites pick it up.
- All the hair on your arms has been burned off from the constant flare ups.
- When you light your grill, your neighbor comes running over in a panic with a hose.
- Your guests at the family picnic order pizza and Chinese food and act like they have no idea where it came from.
- The air fills with the smell of grilled steak and you haven’t even put the food on the grill.
- You can no longer see the burners in the bottom of the grill.
- Your grill smokes more than your mother-in-law.
Well there you have it, my top Ten Reasons for Cleaning your Grill. If one or more of these scenarios apply to your lazy butt, please don’t invite me over for a bar-b-que. I’ll be too busy trying to figure out what to do with my own dirty grill. KFC, anyone? And please don’t forget to rate this post.
Special Note: Check out my new “Post Sampler” page. The link is located at the top of my blog along with my other page links.