I really do like the current layout of my blog. When I switched over to WordPress, I was concerned that replacing my blingy-looking blog with a cleaner but less-blingy design might cause people to lose interest. But the Blue Skies over at Blogger had become more cluttered than the skies over the Philadelphia Airport and I liked the organized look of the new template I picked out in WordPress.
Unfortunately, the new template has started to look a little cluttered. In an effort to clean it up a little, I decided to get rid of some of the non-essential graphics and reduced my categories list to a drop down menu. I shuffled some items in my widget area to give it a more balanced look. But I am still not sure it was enough…
I think the problem is that I am an insecure person in general. This is a problem that has reared its ugly head in all aspects of my life, including my blogging world. So to qualm my fears and help make Me and the Blue Skies a fun blog that’s easy-to-read and easy-to-navigate, I’ve decided to get my readers to tell me what they think. Yes, that means YOU!
This will only work if you leave me a comment telling me your opinions. If you’ve gotten this far, you might as well tell me what you think. You can either answer each question directly or simply leave a general synopsis of your opinion of my blog. (I can take it, good or bad.)
- Did you know that in order to see more than my three current posts, you need to visit the Archives page?
- If yes, do you visit my Archives page?
- Is it difficult to figure out how to leave a comment on my blog?
- Did you know that you can search my blog content via search, top posts, and categories from my right side widget bar?
- Do you find these additional search features helpful? Why or Why not?
- Do you ever scroll down to the bottom of my blog to look at the widgets and links?
- Do you ever read the RSS links for the ACLU, Huffington Post and others? If not, do you think I should remove them?
- Have you ever visited my Guest Post Series? If not, do you even know how to?
- Do you care to see my face book, blog catalog, and twitter information?
- Is my blog roll too big?
- Do you ever read the quote of the day or is it just wasting space?
- Do you like my blog layout – 3 Posts in the top half with the 3 rows of widgets in the bottom half or would you prefer THIS? <– click on the word “this” to temporarily see this blog in a different theme.
- If you like the current layout, do you like the Sky background or does it make it difficult to read the blog?
Well, there you have it. I’ve bared my bloggy soul for all to see and respond. And respond I want you to. (What am I, Yoda?) Anyway, don’t hold back. This is one time where honesty really is the best policy. In the immortal words of Rita Skeeter (from Harry Potter), “Me, Myself, and I want to know.”