First of all, can anyone explain what “Meme” stands for? Is it short for a word that starts with Meme? Is there any word that starts with Meme? Or does it simply mean Me! Me!? Please don’t explain it to me–these are just rhetorical questions. Why? Because sometimes knowing less about something makes it all that more fun as you learn about it.
But before we get into the meme that was thrust upon
generously shared with me by Dad To Two, I want to thank Kim, the Progressive Girl over at A World of Progress
for sending some blog lovin’ my way in the form of a super sized multi-award blog award. Wow. That was a mouthful! Anyway, she received 4 blog awards at once and grouped them into one super duper award and she has included me as a recipient! Go check out her blog. Read it. Follow it. You’ll be glad you did.
I am supposed to pass on these awards to my fellow bloggers but I’ve got my own little system in place for that, my semi-regular “You’re Appreciated” post. Don’t think I’m ungreatful or unsharing (is that a word?) because I haven’t named anyone else for these awards. I plan to do a “You’re Appreciated” post soon so I’ll be serving up some extra blog lovin’ real soon.
My buddy over at Dad To Two
has kindly hit me with a Bookworm Meme. Fortunately, I have tons of books right near my computer. I picked the bookcase that was a little bit further away, closed my eyes, (knocked over a nick-nack and a photo of my close friend’s son) and I grabbed the first book I felt. Here’s how it is supposed to work:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 56.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next two to five sentences.
5. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the cool book or the intellectual one. Pick the Closest.
6. Tag five people to do the same.
Ok so here is page 56 starting with the fifth sentence:
“He flocked back to a page headed NATURAL RESOURCES, and under SILVER read: ‘No silver had been mined in Uberwald since the Diet of Bugs in AM1880, and the possession of the metal is technically illegal.’ There was no explanation. He made a note to ask Inigo. After all, where you got werewolves, didn’t you need silver? And things must have been pretty bad if everyone had to eat insects.”
I’d be really interested if anyone out there can figure out what book this is from. Anyway, if you think you know or even if you don’t, post a comment. And now to torture forward this to 5 fellow bloggers:
1. Mongolian Girl over at The Cusp
– Anyone who plays with chainsaws AND wants to have dinner with Linda and me is OK in my book. And I loved Angie Dickenson…
2. Angie over at My Pretty Purse
– Angie has the girliest girl blog I’ve seen in a while. It’s cute and adorable and oh so girly. Plus she asked me for Martini advice! I love people who love martinis!
3. The Verbal Warrior over at Read Between My Lines
– This chickie-poo ( I can use sexist names like that cause I’m gay
. It’s one of the perks.) actually reads. Plus anyone who drinks 3 cups of coffee and posts hot pictures of a guy named Dean on her blog is my kinda gal. And she likes my blog. She really likes it. (Ok, so Sally Fields I’m not!)
4. The Dude from People In the Sun – This guy actually worked in a bookstore when he lived in England and he blogs about his mother. Well, he finally blogged about his mother after she discovered his blog and her absence from it. Bet he did her proud and even posted a pic of them together.
5. The Country Wife over at Country Life with Country Wife – She thinks I’m hot! Let me say that again, “She thinks I’m hot!’ What ever you do, Country Wife, don’t look at that recent picture of me at Cork Restaurant. You’ll see I’ve gained a little weight. And even better than thinking I’m hot, she has a widget on her blog that says, I Love My Lesbian Daughter. Actually, the word “love” is represented by a rainbow heart. Country Wife, you rock!
Lastly, it’s 10:10 pm on 11/23/08 and my daughter is turning 29 tomorrow. I cannot believe it. I still feel like I’m 16 so how can I have a daughter who is going to be 29? I put some of her gifts in a gift bag that had “THIRTY” written across both sides in big letters. I then wrote across the “thirty” in black marker, “NOT YET.” I hope she sees the humor in that.