Tonight Heather had dinner set up and ready for me to cook heat up. Since she’s been working at the Bar/Restaurant, we have not been having regular dinners. Plus she’s been spending more time over her boyfriend’s house because they don’t see each other as much. She loves to cook and bake and she’s worried that I won’t be able to make myself something to eat. She forgets that I was the one who cooked dinner every night when she was young. And what does she think I did for meals the 5 years she was away? I cooked ordered in…
See, I can cook. (or at least heat and assemble)
Anyway, she had the water boiling, the home-made gravy in the pan, and a breaded chicken patty in the fridge with the instructions taped to it. She made sure that I read all the instructions and that I put the chicken in the oven 7 minutes before I put that pasta in the water. It’s sweet but oh so funny. Anyway, it turned out very good. Just look at the picture. (And Heather makes the best gravy with chunks of tomatoes, garlic, peppers and onions. I’m drooling.)
After dinner, I decided to take a turn away from politics and thank Tattooed Minivan Mom
for giving me the Superior Scribbler Award. And why did I get it? Because I sent her chocolates. (Actually, she won them in my first blog contest) Go check her blog out. It’s a blast! Here’s the rules:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Link me for giving it to you.
3. Link the originating post – here
4. Pass the award on to five more deserving people.
5. Post these rules for your recipients.
OK now here are my five recipients:
1. Chilled White Whine
– Nancy Ellyn is a confirmed Jackson Browne fan and I give her this award because she deserves to get every blogger award available. Go read her blog. It’ll make you feel all warm and fuzzy.
2. The Vintage Kitten
– It turns out the Ms. Kitten is really Ms. Tiger when she read about what my daughter’s boss did to her for voting for Obama. Grrr
… and you must check out her blog. I love her photos and vintage images. Grrr again!
3. Old Lady Lincoln
– This gal is the coolest grandmom ever. She’s been married for 55 years and is a twice survivor of breast cancer, bless her little heart. Ya gotta love this gal.
4. My Brown Baby
– I love Denene Millner’s blog and she gets this award because she wrote the best “Obama Wins the Presidency” post I’ve read to date. Smart, savvy, and on-track, the Millner’s family represents the movers and shapers of this generation. When her daughter said she wanted to be the first black woman on the Supreme Court, she made a believer outta me.
5. Green Dads
– This goes to Steve and Brian, two gay men who are raising their son in California
New York, where the were just told that they were not good enough to get married. How dare California discount their family. His post “America Get Over Yourself” qualifies for this award. It ain’t over yet, guys.