This is the Arte Y Pico Award.
Here are the rules for the award:
1) You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribution to the blogging community.
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that presented her/him with the award.
4) The award winner and one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y Pico” blog so everyone will know the origin to this award.
5) To show these rules.
I want to give a big thank you to the Southern Goddess at Fried Chicken and Grits for giving me this award. I truly am humbled. I started my blog just as I was quitting smoking as a fun alternative to sitting around the house with a cigarette in my mouth. Who knew that so many others would read and enjoy what I write. And by blogging, I have found so many wonderful blogs to read myself. If I could, I would re-award the Southern Goddess. If you are not reading her blog, you should be.
Passing out this award to only 5 blogs was the hardest thing I’ve had to do lately. (So, life’s been a little slow, ok?) I want to award this to the following five blogs:
- I’m Learning To Share – The coolest blog ever! If it’s from the 40’s, 50’s, and 60’s, you’ll find it all here: Music, Comics, Advertisments, and all the cool swingin’ stuff from the past.
- Hello Kitty Hell – My daughter just loves Hello Kitty. We’ve got a Hello Kitty microwave, trash can, hair dryer, waffle maker, toaster, lamps, clocks, pens, pads, books, stickers… the list goes on and on. Whether you love or hate Hello Kitty, this blog is for you.
- Holographic Meatloaf – Whether he’s blogging about his never-ending quest to lose weight or his life in Southern California with his family, you just can’t beat his wit and humor. A daily dose of Dave is a good thing.
- Design Boner – Another cool blog. This one showcases what’s new and different from a designer’s point of view. You won’t find the trendy and “I’m the hippest” stuff (that the design snobs push) at this blog. It’s all unusual and eclectically cool. Jessica & Katie can paint my walls orange anytime.
- Laughs and Rants From My Inner Child – I’m not nominating this blog simply because Erin is a friend and a co-worker. While much of this blog is comments about Erin’s personal life, her unique perspective of her world and the world around her is definitely worth the read.
Well, there you have it. Congratulations to the winners. And remember, there are no losers. I had at least a dozen more blogs that I would have loved to have given this award to. And now, I’d like to thank my mother, my daughter, my two dalmatians (dave & sissy), Matt, my best friends, Linda, Sandy, & Melissa, Scott, Sean, Amy… [cue the music] Just call me the Elaine Stritch of bloggers.